As a boy I picked up arrows points and other artifacts all over my fathers farm. At one time there had been an Indian village next to a small spring feed creek. I guess what I found were those points lost in hunting or discarded when no longer functional. Who knows how many I saw while cultivating beans or corn and could not stop the tractor before I covered them over. Many I did collect but some seemed to tunnel away if I covered them up. I also found countless segments of clay pipe and more than a few pipe bowls. I even found their local white clay source they used to make them out of. My pipes even looked a lot like the originals.

I admire the skill required to nap stone. Given time I'm sure I could make a decent point if I had a full mountain to start with. Perhaps it might take a little more. I knew a fellow who could make a very nice skinning tool which with he could skin a deer out with almost as fast as I could do with a steel knife. That edge he got was scary quick to cut a finger which got into the way. It was not so much a knife as a oblong curved tool. It stayed sharp a very long time and was fairly easy to control.