Daryl;
Yes I recall reading that report. As I recall though there was a point or so where the bore dropped in diameter by a thousandth or two. The main choking was still concentrated in the last approximately 4" of the bore.
The Ad says it is tapered from "Breech" to Muzzle". I personally take this as they are saying the choke is a constant taper all the way down the barrel.
The 1908 Meriden ad Drew posted reads very much the same.
Upon reading of the extent of the bore reduction on those guns reported in the newsletter I was immediately impressed with the fact it could have just as easily been from uncorrected reamer wear as by design.
Since you said you "Had" those two guns so choked I presume you no longer have them. Did you by chance record their bore diameters at intervals along their length. Would have loved to see those dimensions & to have seen a pattern test on them. Things which I have read in the past state that for choke to work it "Must" occur at the muzzle & that a barrel with a constant taper down its full length would produce essentially a Cylinder pattern.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra