Daryl-

My initial comments on this thread are as follows, and you will note in paragraph 2 that the snap caps are accurately described:

"Last Fall, after cleaning my JP Sauer 20 gauge shotgun, I inserted 2 plastic Pachmayr snap caps in the shotgun. Last week I removed the gun from its case for a hunt. Upon opening the action, there was no visible snap cap in the right barrel. Fortunately the snap cap in the left barrel was still visible although it too had begun to slide down the barrel. I was able to get both snap caps out of the barrels. The plastic rim on each had disintegrated over the past year, allowing both the caps to slide down the barrels, obstructing the bores.

The snap caps are blue and marked Pachmayr, CAL.20 MADE IN ITALY."

I have no idea as to how to paste photos to this website. Most websites have a paper clip icon for attaching photos. However, I attached photos to Shotgunforums.com and if you can open the link, it is:
http://www.shotgunforums.com/forums/shotgun-accessories/3329-snap-cap-useage-4.html

Anyway, it is evident that despite being a poorly fabricated product, it appears from comments on this thread and my own subsequent research with my three 20 gauge shotguns, that these snap caps, although not visible when the chamber is opened, are unlikely to slide down the bore far enough to allow a shell to be chambered. Let's hope that this is the case for all that use this product.