After a 30 plus year career in sales & marketing, where my customers were retailers, I can tell you the successful ones don't think the way John does. The truth is, you never know who is going to turn into a great customer. And I'm not saying it's not hard. But it's the profession John choose and coming here to complain is remarkably unprofessional.

I noted in one response, John defended his comments by suggesting this forum is filled with people denigrating gun dealers as crooks and we all sit quietly by without protesting that. I've been on here for a number of years now and I can't remember any posts like that. Maybe a few slipped by me but it would have been an uncommon post.

People here occasionally note the incompetence of the gun room staff at places like Cabelas, but that's a different issue and one that often works on our members' favour as they sometimes buy a gun that was not priced properly.

I've had one interaction with John. I inquired about a smaller item he had listed here, less than $50. I got a pretty curt response that he doesn't ship international. Boom, conversation over. Had he responded a little differently than just cutting me off he would have heard that I would be asking him to ship to an address in Texas.

As it stands, I have choices in the marketplace. As a result of that brief exchange and his complaints here, I'll choose not to send any business here. I don't buy a ton of guns but I'm in the midst of negotiating on three right now, none of them bottom feeder guns and one was featured in a DGJ article. I'll never buy a gun from John.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia