Are you looking at a hammer or hammerless Daly 10? One key item to keep in mind is that Schoverling, Daly, and Gales sold their guns by model number. Depending when your gun was made, "diamond quality" could indicate one of up to six separate models. There are significant differences between between a Daly "diamond quality' model 225 and a Daly "diamond quality" model 375 for example. There was a big difference in price when it was sold and there is a big difference now.

If you provide a serial number of the gun you are lookingn at ("X"ing out the last digit is fine) and details on the engraving (photos would be best), we should be able to get within a year or two on the production date as well as info on the specific model you are looking at.

In terms of hunting, I use with my vintage Dalys 10s regularly to shoot duck and goose with good success. My Dalys 10's all have 2.875" chambers so I shoot RST loads.

If you are interested in Prussian Dalys, I'd recommend the Prussian Daly Almanac available on the German Gun Collector website.

Good luck.

Last edited by Ken Georgi; 12/04/17 04:28 PM.