Answering above questions:

I can't detect any scratches on the receiver. A CC receiver would certainly be more typical, but the engraving is also still extremely sharp.

No cast either way that I can detect, either by looking down the gun from both ends or by mounting it.

The top lever has the "stop" on the left side, which I think Raimey indicated seemed to be a characteristic of the Helice action guns.

Wood to metal fit on scalloped actions can be tricky. It's excellent on this gun.

Good trigger pulls.

This will be strictly a grouse and woodcock gun. (Maybe quail?) It's been a long time since I shot anything this light, and I normally don't do all that well with short-barreled 12's. But it struck my fancy more than most Brit 2" guns I've seen (and definitely more than the too heavy Spanish 2" guns)--and I've never seen a Brit 2" gun priced anywhere close to this one. Great condition! We'll see how she shoots. As Ted pointed out, due to ammo cost and availability, I won't be busting a lot of clays with this little Frenchie. Definitely not going to take the plunge into reloading stubbies! Although I have a friend who's equipped to do that . . .