I am sure that we all have a gun that got away for want of a better description, we either sold it or just did not purchase it at the time due to lack of funds or just a bad decision on your part.
Here is mine. As a young man I went to a farm winding up auction and amongst a pile of cases and boxes there was an obvious gun case on opening it the gun was a little rusted but given a clean could be made usable. So, I bid for it with very little interest from other people I got the gun for an incredibly low price.
After a good clean the gun turned out to be a Cogswell & Harrison side lock with Damascus barrels built in 1910 hence the low value price Damascus barrels!!
I used the gun for a couple of years then I was given an offer I could not refuse, well as a young man I had to stretch my wage between shooting a motor vehicle Booz and of course the opposite sex. Though I did sell it for a good price but a very bad decision!!
But I do have this memory photograph of yours truly with said gun and a Beatles mop top haircut.

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!