I bought a pair of Russells several years ago. I got measured by the boss at the Vintagers. I spent quite a while with him deciding on exactly the configuration I wanted based on his recommendations. I paid for them and waited over a year punctuated by multiple phone calls and e-mails. When they finally came they didn't resemble what I had ordered and they didn't fit at all. They messed around two more times and a total of about two years sending me their best guess as to what I'd ordered and what would fit me. Finally they said they'd tried their best and couldn't fit me, no refund offered but I could keep the ill fitting ones I had at that point. The boots were two different sizes!! They were so uncomfortable as to be unwearable. I finally found a guy with different sized feet that they fit and gave them to him. So don't tell me about Russell boots. Poor product, poorer customer service. Never again!

My favorite boots remain my many years old LL Bean Maine Hunting Shoes in all but the warmest days in the field.