Russells seemed to be loved or hated.

I actually feel both ways at times. Especially when it is wet out.

I have over 20 different pairs. None made to measure. None ordered from Russell directly so I have never had to endure their waiting times or been happy with or disappointed by their trying to custom fit me. I simply buy either size 9.5 or 10 depending.

On the bad side. They, with maybe the exception of their gortex lined models, not I say again not waterproof. Even their vaunted triple vamp is a sieve. Except for their gortex lined I would never choose to wear their boots on a wet hunting day.

As for comfort. I obviously like them, but recognize they, unless ordered, do not have much support or cushioning.

I think they are an acquired taste. I cannot say they are worth the price of custom order as despite my closet full I have never ordered custom, (i am too frugal) I can say I like them as day to day shoes now that I am retired, and as hunting boots.

My favorite light hunting boot is the South forty, and the sheep boots my favorite heavy boot. My office shoes are art carter boots. i wear their simple moccasins around the house all the time. Even as I type this.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS