I hunted in Georgia years back and the guy I was hunting with had a pair of goofy looking rubber boots on....

I remarked where did you get those goofy looking rubber boots ? He replied they were Le Chameau boots and that if I ever wore a pair I'd never wear anything else turkey hunting...I asked what they cost then remarked that if I paid $500 for a pair of rubber boots I'd no doubt poke a hole in them the first time out.

https://www.lechameau.com/us/mens-chasseur-leather-boot.html?c=283

A short time after I got home a pair of Le Chameau Chasseur boots arrived in the mail...

That was close to 10 years ago. A couple years back the side zip pull broke off on one side so I took the other side zip pull off and just snap the top strap closure works as good as zipping them.

A few years back I bought a new back up pair they are sitting in a fancy LaChameau boot bag my hunting boot closet waiting on the old pair to leak.

Bottom line the guy in Georgia was right unless I'm hunting in steep terrain where a lace up boot is needed or too cold a weather for a non insulated boot I'm wearing my little Lord Thorn'arOy rubber boots...