==================================================================================================
16139 (early 1870)

Terry, I added it to the list above. You ought to post that gun in the "for sale" section. And I for one would very much like to see photos for history. Thanks. Oh, if any other Reilly's you've sort of forgotten about turn up, please let us know. Amazing..simply amazing.

By the way I was contacted by Douglas Tate, who reminded that he wrote an article for DGJ in 1994 about a gold washed Reilly underlever hammer gun BPE rifle. He sent me the original 1992 ad and commented that the article was before the internet and thus research options were limited. Can someone please tell me which issue of DGJ this appeared in (Spring, Summer, etc?). There are 1994 issues for sale on the internet. Thanks. It has both Oxford St and Rue Scribe addresses, should be early 1870 and may now be the earliest Reilly in my records with rebounding hammers. I've added this gun to the above list as well.

Lot 580

E. M. REILLY & CO. A FINE AND RARE GOLD-
WASHED 12-BORE HAMMER PRESENTATION
RIFLE NO. 16139; 26-inch barrels, engraved and
etched with foliate scrolls, leaf sights to 200, frame,
rebounding barlocks, noseless hammers and rotary
under-lever engraved with lions in landscape and
scrolls 14 1/2-inch figured stock with pistol grip and
engraved heel plate, 10lb. 8oz., black powder proof,
stock cracked and repaired, horn fore-end tip missing.

2,000-3,000

edit: Cancel appeal on the magazine issue above since Doug had sent me the data...and I'd just plain overlooked the information. I need lots of pictures these days.

These spectacular photos are from the Douglas Tate's DGJ article. If there are copyright issues...and it's now been 23 years since they were published...I'll delete them. Label is the generic 1860-1898 label. It does not have the 1867 Paris medals (1868-71 but occasional afterwards as well), nor does it have the rue Scribe branch address. It is 502 New Oxford St. so 1871-1882 time Frame. No scolloped corners; likely a reproduction label.

Last edited by Argo44; 10/13/18 12:26 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch