==================================================================================================
Reilly Bibliography

Thanks Terry...Doug also contacted me and I've ordered that issue. Which brings up the question of compiling a Bibliography on Reilly for future historians.

Can you by chance tell me off hand every DGJ that's had an article about Reilly? I know the following:
-- DGJ Summer 2015 - "EM Reilly; Purdey's Pretentious Rival" - John Campbell; describes Reilly as a Purdey wannabe.
-- DGJ Summer 2005 - "The Reilly Factor" - John Campbell
-- DGJ Autumn 2005 - “Bore Rifles Part II” - Sherman Bell; describes this rifle and his load development to get it shooting 3-3/4″ groups at 50 yards.
-- DGJ Spring 1994 (ordered).

Also Terry Weiland wrote a well received articles
-- "Shotgun Life" "Sipping the Grand Cru"(read it); also widely published in "Daily Caller" Sep 2016 and other on-line publications.
-- "Guns and Ammo" - Terry Weiland
-- "Gray's Sporting Journal" - April, 2007; "Jupiter's Nuts" Terry Weiland
-- "Gray's Sporting Journal" - April, 2009; "Catbird" - Terry Weiland
-- "Gray's Sporting Journal" - December, 2016; "Artistry, Emotion, and Things That Go Bang" - Terry Weiland
-- "Rifle Magazine" - Apr 2012; "Reilly 20 bore Hammer Gun - Terry Weiland

Other magazines:
— “Sporting Classics Daily” - Nov 23, 215; The Virtuous 12 Bore -
-- "Classic Arms Journal " - "The King of the Rifles" - Ross Seyfried (.577 Martini-Henry's)
-- Double Gun Classic" - Jul-Aug 2005. "The Reilly Factor" - John Campbell:

Books:
-- Vintage British Shotguns - Terry Weiland
-- Dangerous Game Rifles - Terry Weiland
— Gun Digest 2009
— Gun Digest 2014

-- "Wyman's Commercial Encyclopedia of Leading Manufacturers of Great Britain" P. 295-6.
-- "Our Gunmakers - E M Reilly & Co" - 2.5 page article from a rare Victorian periodical  
-- British Gunmakers Their Trade Cards, Cases and Equipment 1760-1860 - Neal Back
-- GUNMAKERS OF LONDON 1350-1850, by Howard L. Blackmore - 1986 Includes supplement
-- British Gunmakers: v. 1: London by Nigel Brown (Hardback, 2004)

I'll add to this list as I compile literature on Reilly. Certainly need to add "Wyman". In the meantime if anyone knows of other articles/books with info on Reilly, would much appreciate your sending it to me...I'll compile the Bibliography.

Last edited by Argo44; 09/11/18 12:39 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch