John, well stated. Coosa, your response was well reasoned and remarkably restrained for someone being called a "moron" by the likes of jOe. Five years ago the same topic came up in the below thread link. Coosa posted photos of his turkey guns with optics. jOe stated anyone who used optics on a shotgun for turkeys "should stay on the porch." Then someone posted a photo of jOe with a dead turkey and a Benelli SBE with a scope and jOe accused them of being an internet stalker and crawfished around sputtering lame excuses after being exposed. jOe accused people of using TSS 9's ("pixie dust" as he called it) "stupid" and ruining their guns to pull off "stunts". He said folks have been told to use only "throwaway" guns with TSS. He later said "replaceable barrels." Five years later and he's been proven wrong by others' successes handloading tungsten and now Federal shotshell engineers and two other niche turkey ammo companies, Apex and Nitro Ammo, openly acknowledge the effectiveness of #9's to be effective and reliable in killing wild turkeys by their production and marketing of the same loads. This development was based on the success and efforts of handloaders like Coosa and others who demonstrated time after time the ethical effectiveness of light loads and small gauges on wild turkeys shooting diy handloads of Tungsten Super Shot. With TSS9's, a .410 can deliver its payload with better penetration and count density in a 10" circle than the 12 gauge and lead ammo of old shooting lead shot of any size at 40 yards. jOe's fall-back position now is that it is being used only by folks to kill turkeys at unethical ranges. Now those who use it have gone from being "stupid" 5 years ago to now being "morons". Here's the thread of five years ago:
http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=324552&page=1
Too bad jOe isn't smiling in this photo of him, a turkey and the scoped SBE which he sheepishly acknowledged using after the photo was posted after he gratuitously insulted coosa the first time.
omelessjOe Offline
Sidelock

Loc: The Great State of Tennessee
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Originally Posted By: coosa
I have not asked any custom gunmaker about this, but I will send the info to Ellis Brown and see what he says. Thanks for the tip! I'm also gonna send it to Connecticut Shotguns, but I suspect they will be horrified by the idea of someone asking them to build such a monstrosity. wink

Exactly...an unneeded monstrosity at that.

It's an abomination to mount a sight on a SxS.

If you can't see to shoot something as big as a turkey with a bead you should stay on the porch.

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Notify Email Post