Originally Posted By: GLS
Which is it jOe-you don't like folks shooting and killing turkeys at 90 yards with #9 TSS or you don't believe they do it? I don't know a single soul who shoots TSS that takes shots over 40 yards. Hevi-shot and TSS aren't the same if you are equating the two. Hevi-shot advertises a density of 13 g/cc, but some report it is not that dense and some say barely that of lead. I have recovered a few stone dead turkeys with a few TSS #9's inside breast meat, but most users report full travel through. However, you don't understand or maybe don't want to understand the difference between pellet penetration and the energy it takes to penetrate. You confuse energy with penetration. Of course a #4 lead pellet has more energy downrange if is traveling the same velocity as a #9 tungsten pellet but that doesn't mean it has the same depth of penetration. It takes less energy or velocity for an almost pure tungsten #9 to penetrate turkey bone and flesh and disrupt the CNS of a turkey than it does a lead #4. How much energy or force does it take to stick an ice pick into flesh as opposed to the energy or force needed to do it to the same depth with a blunt metal object of larger diameter? I guess you know more about this than any major shell manufacturing engineering team who has invested thousands of dollars in R&D and set-up costs. Five years ago when you made the same comments, I thought you were just being militantly ignorant. Now after the facts are in, I see it is more than ignorance at play.

Your entire reply is "ignorance at play"....

300 plus pellets in a 10 inch circle as you circle jerking pellet counters claim necessary to kill a turkey is stupid non sense.....

cOunsler if ones intent was to keep your shots at ethical ranges then why the need or want for a super hard tiny pellet...the intent is a lie that today even the liars are believing.

The 80 and 90 yard kill claims with #9 fAiry dust shot were pretty prevalent a short time ago...until people busted them for not being a turkey hunter.

If ones aim is off a little and the meat is hit with this hummingbird killing pattern then it's shot....

Show these grown men with common sense your hummingbird turkey patterns.....