I seem to have struck a nerve with my observations about the deleterious and dangerous side effects of SSRI anti-depressants. However, these side-effects are well known, and even though they are rarely severe enough to cause a kid to go off the deep end with an AR-15 and kill his classmates, we know it does indeed happen. And while these isolated incidents grab all the headlines, many more kids are dying one at a time due to the epidemic of suicides that are often caused by these drugs. And when the depressed person commits suicide with a firearm, the blame is again directed at the availability of guns. The side effects of anti-depressants is rarely mentioned.

Some of the most informative testimonials about the side-effects of SSRI anti-depressants comes from actually talking with people who have used them. Since I became interested and naturally began talking about it with friends and co-workers, I am astounded at the number of people who feel they were given prescriptions incorrectly and inappropriately. And a good number have confided to me about their own suicidal thought or feelings of complete emptiness and inner rage while on them.

To be sure, there are other probable contributors, but guns of all kinds were readily available long before this mass shooting phenomena. Some people who look deeper than knee-jerk restrictions that wouldn't do a thing to stop demented killers who obviously passed background checks are recognizing other possible causes. Among those are the breakdown of strong families, and the removal of God, prayer, and the Ten Commandments from our schools. And once again, those societal sea-changes were driven by the same Liberal Left that now wants to place all of the blame on an inanimate object and a 230 year old Constitutional Right.

old colonel, you are absolutely correct that what I propose to save over 400 times as many teenager's lives as gun control is designed to make them understand that they are being manipulated and used. The vast majority of them will lose far more friends to auto or motorcycle accidents than to gun fire. But they wouldn't even consider Common Sense Driving Restrictions. Their raw emotions are being exploited in a manner that is causing them to voluntarily give up pieces of the freedom that made this country the envy of the world. The Left isn't about saving lives. If they were, they be concentrating upon bigger things like medical mistakes and the opioid epidemic instead of their incessant obsession with firearms.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.