Originally Posted By: Tyler
I was at an rabbit hunt last weekend at Vieana, Al. There were several serious turkey hunters there many with every weekend of the season planned out with trips from Florida to Texas, Nebraska etc. I listened at length to the man who looked after the place for the mostly absentee landowner. He discussed at length the new TSS shot and his success with it. His current turkey load was a 20 ga 2 2/4 inch shell loaded with over an ounce of #9 TSS. They had been using TSS over over a year and he had done a lot of patterning with it. (He was on his third pound of it) He had "ranged" kills of over 85 yards. He said that at that range the TSS threw incredable patterns, no fether draw, and was absolutely unbelieveable. He was my age 60 and used some type of dot sight. PERSONALLY, I think he might as well be using a rifle as this is not what I consider to be turkey hunting. HOWEVER, this was not bullshit whiskey talk as he served grilled turkey breast from the previous season to close to 40 people who were there.

Tyler, I don't doubt that the guy told you that, and he might have actually killed a turkey at 85 yards with a lucky shot, but there is no way he is getting a reliable kill pattern at that kind of range with that setup. I've been using it for a decade and have shot a lot of test patterns too, and I have never seen a pattern that could have possibly performed like that. Tungsten provides the most reliable and efficient kills of any turkey ammo I've ever tried, but that guy was exaggerating, and exaggerating a lot.