Here are my main turkey big guns. The first I modified six years ago. Its a 5 lbs., 5 oz. Baikal MP18 20 gauge. After a few seasons, I gave it to a friend as a retirement present three seasons ago along with 20 rounds of TSS9s. This was my first bird with it. It went down in a classic lowcountry wiregrass and longleaf pine forest of mature trees. Jerry was a 10 ga. and 12 gauge hunter previously. You couldnt take this gun from him now because of the success he has had with it. The camo is my rattle-can paint work.

I replaced it with another MP18 20 gauge, but cut the barrel shorter to 25 overall with the extended Sumtoy choke and Ceracoated the barrel and action myself. Heres a lowcountry bird I shot with it. The birds primaries were dark like an Osceolas. It was standing in a few inches of water when I shot him. This area has been noted for Eastern and Osceola intergrades according to old species maps. These Russian guns are built like tanks and the first one cost $105 including shipping, but the other was a little more, NIB. I shoot either 1 5/16 oz. or 1 5/8 oz. TSS9s handloads when I carry the 20 ga. Yes, anyone can call them junk but they work fine for the job intended. One shot, one kill.