Originally Posted By: Tyler

Again, I do not consider shooting turkeys at such range to be sporting, ethical or proper. That does not mean that it can't be done repeatedly and consistantly with proper eqipment.

Tyler, I'm curious about your thinking here, purely from a theoretical perspective. I hunt turkey and I wingshoot. That's it. Upland, ducks and geese. I stopped using pump guns after 30 years about 15 years ago and have since exclusively hunted with 12 and 16 gauge SxS that are pre WWII. I have never shot the TSS pellet.

But.....if a .410 is throwing "devastating patterns at 65 yards" and they are repeatable with clearly demonstrated killing power, what is not ethical or proper about that? The whole thing about "sporting" and "ethical" is fundamentally about killing the animal and not wounding it.

I can't imagine having any more of a problem with someone who can kill a turkey at 65 yards with one shot (we all make mistakes sometimes no matter the range) most of the time then I would with someone using new advances in camo or calling. Might not be what I'd choose to do but.....

BTW, I have a copy of The Tenth Legion that a good friend gave to me. What a great book! A bit of an eye opener for a "north of the border" turkey hunter.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia