Originally Posted By: Drew Hause
Thomas Keller of the Peter Cartridge Co. committed suicide before any effective treatment for depression or bipolar disorder was available
https://books.google.com/books?id=sVEZAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA387&lpg

"Shell shock" came long before the diagnosis of PTSD

A bit of humility in presuming to understand or direct treatment for another person's struggles would be prudent.
The problem is inadequate evaluation and inappropriate treatment, for what is a life threatening illness.

My great grandfather fought with the South and lived through the Civil War and lived a fruitful life.

I knew a man that landed on the beaches at Normandy and walked on dead bodies to get to the shore....his son told me some nights he jumped straight out of bed but he was a man and lived a normal fruitful life.

I knew another man that went down on two ships in the Pacific another that had his lower teeth shot out by machine gun fire on a Japanese island...they both lived fruitful lives. I'm sure others have known real men.

I had two uncles in Germany and another in North Africa...they also lived fruitful PTSD free lives.

I know some of these vets have had a ruff time but none endured what men did in the Civil War, World War I or II.

A lot of this modern day PTSD has to be drummed up.