Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
I shot a scope on a turkey gun one year that gives me a right to have an opinion about one...I also shot 4x5x7 hevi shot a few years...fellows from my local gun club can attest that the fAiry dust pellets don't all pass through.

You TSS bOys are the ones bragging about 90 yard shots with the crap...

I do stand behind what I said about it takes a total moron to shoot a turkey with #9 size shot...not my fault the shoe fits you bOys. cool

Apex Ammunitions response to my question about pellet weight....

9's weigh 1.2grs. 9.5's weigh 1gr.

9's are the perfect TSS pellet size. More energy than lead 4's and equal energy to hevi shot 5's.

My response to Apex...

A lead #4 pellet weighs 3.30 grains....a lead #7 shot weighs 1.50 grains....both are substantially more weight than the smaller TSS pellet. Energy is figured by computing weight and velocity. There is no way a #9 TSS pellet weighing a third of a #4 lead can have more energy than a lead #4 shot moving at the same velocity.....fact is a lead #7 has more energy than a TSS #9 size shot moving at equal velocity.

Put that in yer TSS crAck pipe and puff on it. laugh

A lead #4 is more lethal that 3 TSS #9s...just a fact of life.

#4 shot is harder to get to pattern than fAiry dust sized shot...but with the Winchester Longbeard encapsulated shot technology that's no longer a problem.

I shoot a 3" Longbeard #4 with a Patternmaster Goose tube that measures about .710....and it's devastating.

TSS being harder is generally started at lower velocity than lead also and contrary to the TSS Cult it down gain velocity.