Originally Posted By: buzz
This is funny stuff, this thread. Its a bit out there now though. Im so confused now , not sure what to take turkey hunting or even if I should go??

I can answer that question, don't go. If you have the option, it's better not to do it. I was raised so that it isn't an option for me. I have to turkey hunt for as long as I can, though I am getting closer to the day when my health won't allow me to continue.

But as long as I am still able to hunt, I want to be certain that when I pull the trigger I am going to kill the turkey, and kill him with one clean shot. There are few things in the woods as sad as a wounded turkey, and I don't want to be guilty of being the one who caused such a thing.

I have hunted them for 55 seasons and tried nearly all of the commonly used types of turkey ammo. I have found that the tungsten gives me the best chance to make a clean kill, so I will keep using it unless I discover a good reason not to use it. I really don't understand why anyone would call me a moron for that decision.