Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein

Nobody here seems to understand-this was all by design. It was totally predictable, and foisted on a willing minority that could be emotionally swayed by symbolism over substance.

Best,
Ted

Actually Ted, I do understand that this was all by design. That was my whole point in proposing restrictions on teen driving and cell phone usage. We all know that the teens who are so willing to give up our Gun Rights would squeal like little pigs at the mere mention of giving up their drivers license or cell phones. We should all understand by now that the Liberal Left is always at the ready to blame guns immediately after a shooting, while totally ignoring "Real Common Sense" legislation that will save many more lives.

SKB has once again shown his true pro-Democrat position in his post where he asserted, " Comparing road accidents which we will always have to mass shootings is a sad state of affairs." With thinking like that, GM would still be building the Corvair, and vehicles still wouldn't have seat belts or air bags. Teen driving is not a Constitutional Right, it is a privilege. Thousands of teens die every year because they are obviously not yet ready for the huge responsibility of driving a car or motorcycle.

Of course, we could always start incrementally by first raising the driving age to 19 instead of 21. And we could certainly prohibit driving for any purpose other than to go to school ( only where school busses or public transit was unavailable) or strictly for travel to and from work, with no non-adult passengers. If there were more tragic and fatal accidents after this, we could be ready to pounce with even tighter restrictions. Faced with this line of perfectly rational logic, I'd bet 999 out of 1000 anti-gun teens would stop to consider the ramifications of giving up rights and privileges.

I note how SKB conveniently forgot to mention restrictions on cell phones and texting by teens even though many more teens die in a month due to being distracted by that than die from school shootings in an average year. Most of us went all through school and college without owning a cell phone. It is not a necessity, and doesn't provide the same level of personal safety as firearms ownership. And once again, it isn't a Constitutional Right.

SKB's suggestion of mandatory storage is exactly what Jagermeister frequently suggests. Ted was quite correct about Newtown shooter Adam Lanza, and the futility of that idea. And like Jagermeister, SKB seems to want to ignore those little incidents like the terrorist attack in Nice, France that killed 86 and injured 458 with not an AR-15, but a rented truck. Where are his cries for mandatory restrictions on locking large trucks in secure storage facilities and using fingerprint scanners to even start them?

And I do understand his interest in Universal Background Checks, since as an FFL licensee, he stands to profit from the kind of checks that virtually all of these shooters easily pass before they become murderers. There is no damn good reason the government needs to get involved in the transfer of your guns to your friends or family other than to create a database of gun owners. None of these shooters inherited their guns from grandpa.

This is the time to take a few moments to contact your elected representatives to tell them you are not in favor of giving up any Constitutional Firearms Rights, and to also join the NRA and/or send them a donation to help counter to latest assault on freedom. Now is not the time to be a FUDD who is ignorantly wondering what we should give up to temporarily appease the anti-gunners.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.