Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
I stand by my comment that I think that anyone that would shoot a turkey with a #9 size pellet of any type is a mOron.

Why? If he's within 25 steps (turkey hunters always say steps instead of yards), he's had it. I don't believe in shooting at a turkey gobbler past 35 steps anyway, and I know that distance perfectly because I either wait until he's that close or he gets away without a shot. The dudes with 10 gauges shooting at them at 65 steps is what I despise.

But nothing bothers me more than using a decoy. I TRULY despise those damn things. Made for people who refuse to learn how to call a turkey or where to set up for the best chance at calling him in.

But you have to understand something: I'm a severe old-school turkey hunter from the Deep South where it all started, and there's just some things I have bought into over the past 40 years about this sport that I believe to be worthy of adhering to, and I suffer poorly those who take shortcuts.
JR
Yes I read everything you wrote...don't let the TSS cult following fool you they are looking for the long shot short cut. They've been busted so many times for bragging most are now singing a new tune...and yes my SBE with a 3 & 1/2" shell will out shoot any factory loaded 10 ga...that I've ever shot. That being said I no longer shoot 3& 1/2 shells Winchester Longbeard 3" #4 shot let me get away from it...and I no longer shoot a turkey choke...and any turkey hunter that says he won't shoot past 35 steps is....well you figure it out.