Regarding the "too good" allegation. The load jOe touts, the Winchester Longbeards, is advertised by Winchester to be effective to 60 yards. Anecdotal reports of birds being killed farther have circulated. Anecdotal reports are also in about TSS9's making long kills as well. One of his beefs about TSS are the long shots folks claim. Shouldn't he be concerned about the misuse of Longbeards as well? Are we not hearing reports of birds being wounded by the misuse of Longbeards on long shots? Aren't Longbeards being used in blinds over decoys on fields, too? He says we aren't hearing reports of wounded birds by TSS9's and he believes it's happening. Why are Longbeards immune from the same criticism when he harangues only about "pixie dust"? If he's shooting inside 40 yards which he hasn't said he is one way or the other, why does he need a 3" shell with 1 7/8 oz of lead? What's wrong with 2 3/4"?
Now I don't feel I can tell jOe what to shoot, nor do I feel he should he tell others what to shoot as long as they aren't leaving wounded birds in the woods. As far as I know, he isn't. Neither am I.
And he still hasn't posted 40 yard patterns of his current load. He asked me to do so of mine, which I did. His turn. Gil