Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
Drew, the world is what it is because this is what we made it.....

....Those of us who aren't criminally insane ought to be able to find ways to accomodate each other and find the grounds that we share, rather than let what divides us....

If we made it, shouldn't we be asking how we made it? Are we teaching our kids to think and reason, or do we cheer for them on tv when the media gobbles up their knee jerk emotional divisive talking points?

Bill, the second point I highlighted amazes me. A thought Doc Drew made was, do we want the gov. determining mental health. Why did you use the word 'criminally'? I'd still bet this latest loser will be determined to be 'sane'. Why can't, as you describe, legal access be determined based on behavior, rather than the subjectivity of a potentially agenda influenced counselor?

Criminal is already illegal. Maybe, it should be criminal to create cracks to slip through when those cracks are against the law? There's pretty good evidence that criminals are unlikely to abide by the law. When law abiding folks do respect a possible new restriction law, will they be rewarded with appreciation, or will more divisive calls come for more to be done? Why, because the other 300 million of us just can't keep going on abiding by the law? Criminal behavior should be deterred to the point that it is not perceived as a path to mental or financial satisfaction, and our kids should not be taught to feel emotional pleasure in allowing selective criminality.