Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: SKB
It also works sometimes. We have a state back ground system here in CO and have a much higher rate of catching problem people trying to illegally purchase guns than states who use the FBI. We do pay a fee on each 4473 run. It started out at 10$ and went steadily down to 6$ but we just had a big increase in the fee which is now at 15$. Our system is also much, much faster than using the FBI. I typically get an answer in less than 5 minutes. Added costs? Yes there are but as someone in business it is worth it to me for the increased speed and accuracy.

Steve, if it worked great at $10, then it continued to work at $6, why raise it to $15? Possible answer ............. to further discourage the buying of more guns in the first place.

Hey, don't laugh. It worked when Bill Clinton raised the annual fee for a FFL from $10/yr. to $200/yr. Licensees dropped from 282,00 to barely over 100,000 in just a short time span. I was one of them who, due to moving a small number of guns, could not justify the increase.

Follow the $$$$.

SRH

We do both here,both no charge, FBI NICS for long guns-95% if time immediate reply of proceed-delay or deny,you can even go on line no wait there either.The handguns go through State PD NICS, 20 min average call back.
What percentage of denied NICS checks are prosecuted ?
Out of 556,496.............254 a .04% prosecution rate

http://freebeacon.com/issues/prosecutions-lying-gun-background-checks-fall-new-low/

Hillary For Prison 2018