Originally Posted By: John Roberts
[quote=HomelessjOe]

This photo says a lot about a person. The ignorance and stupidity it takes to do something like this is mind boggling, but the gall it takes to put it on the internet and act proud of it is beyond comprehension. One of most repulsive, abhorrent photos I've seen here, ever. Just a sick act.
JR

Explain what is sick about it John Roberts ?

One shy of a legal county bag limit... A nice Longbeard 3 jakes and a hen...and I missed one that day. First two the hen and one jake (and the miss) came earlier that morning from a pretty good bust (flush of a flock by a the dog) first one came to the calling pretty quick took about and hour and a half before I could tell the gig was up.

Took those to the truck and went back to hunting.

The last 3 kills, the 18 lb longbeard and the two 15 lb young gobblers came from a second bust in the afternoon about 3/4 mile away from the first hunt...

I had just sit down on a big log to rest and Buster came in and sat at my feet. I played a few notes on my trumpet call...I didn't hear a thing. After a short time I got up and started walking the long ridge finger to the east.

Buster disappeared then I heard him barking like mad about 200 yards ahead....I got on up there and he was running around and around this knoll...(this was before I had a tracking collar).

I picked out a spot beside two trees where he would kinda be hid beside me....leashed him to the tree and started calling and in short order here comes a jake....boom.....the woods is alive with turkey talk. I got another one within range and boom...they were circling my calling like sharks of a feeding frenzy yawwk yawwk...boom the longbeard. Once I saw him I could've shot another jake and still be legal but held fire hoping for another longbeard. A big woods turkey hunt of a lifetime...lucky I didn't get another my turkey tote was tested when I got those 3 to the road. 48 lbs of turkey is a load.

Splendid bag for a single turkey hunter in big woods with his dog...(do eYe detect a little jealousy ?)

Any hunting with a dog makes for more sport.

I guess you holier than thou hunters never shot a legal doe ?

Not many a Mississippi or Alabama bOy that ain't shot a doe deer over a pack of hounds or stuck a hog caught by pit bulls...

Such a sheltered life....where you'unz really from New Yawk city ?

PS....it takes a sorry jealous sOb to make a comment about a picture with my best friend in it.