Originally Posted By: SKB
Craig you are paranoid.....

....I do not know how they do in the state of Oregon....

.....Craig, how Do you feel about the very real loss of gun rights being proposed....

....We have an image problem Craig. We do not need the NRA saying"white mothers crying on TV is ratings gold" could she have said something more stupid? I do not think so.

Okay, I'll just sit around and be paranoid, fair enough?

What again do we have to spend money on to strengthen background checks? I mentioned digitizing not because it's law, but strengthening to you means everything is a-okay. Isn't that a great image builder. I believe we're both thinking that law may be changing, if it's in regard to 'strengthening' background checks, wouldn't that have to do with searchable data bases, not thumbing through old forms?

I think you and I are on the same page. You won't explain what strengthen means, and I am opposed to knee jerk reactions based on ratings gold. You want a better image, but won't explain how to get there, while I'm stuck with being paranoid enough to know that you won't be able to explain how throwing money at background checks will fix the image. Didn't the background check work perfectly, but the will to do a decent job wasn't there?

Sure, there are stupid statements. Why do you bother going through your various explanations and reasonings, when all that matters is a simple statement? There are many stupid statements made by the gun control crowd, why don't they create an image problem for the grabbers? Me, I wouldn't discount what a difficult and vital roll the NRA plays and is effective at.