Well, I don't really hunt turkey. But I will post this photo and the story. My Twin Brother and I had both just gotten back from Vietnam in time for Thanksgiving 1968. All the young cousins came up from Mobile....7 of them. Thanksgiving morning the women shooed us out of the house. I outfitted 8 of us ranging in age from 12 - 24 with every shotgun I could find went out to some woodland in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama...put them all on line and walked through the field. I didn't have a gun and was rather acting as the Sergeant behind the line making sure no one shot each other. Twin brother didn't have a shotgun either but carried an old M-1 Carbine (the gun with the blond stock) just to have something in his hands. (Check out the CIDG Montagnard tiger stripes).

Suddenly a 22 lb Cock got up and flew right down the line. All were using 8 shot and nothing touched the bird. My brother and I had been experimenting with a 5th Special Forces Group technique then being taught in Vietnam for snap shooting an M-16...much like an old gunfighter technique and he'd gotten really good at it. As the gobbler disappeared he snapped a shot off with the carbine at 125 yards and dropped him on the other side of the creek. The kids thought it was the greatest Thanksgiving ever and may have changed some of their lives (and to this day think he's a gunfighter).

Last edited by Argo44; 02/26/18 11:31 AM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch