Argo44, I saw your post, and have seen similar comments from you in the past.

The more I see them, the more I wonder why you don't have anything constructive to offer other than criticism of occasional ad hominem attacks? There are a lot of nasty things being said about this matter from both sides on the News, in newspapers, and in social media. You and I both know this isn't unique to this website.

Passions run pretty high among many law abiding gun owners when people start blaming them for the actions of a madman. You can't yell "Fire" in a crowded theater, and you can't claim that the 2nd Amendment permits you to shoot people in a crowded theater either. Either act will justifiably get you a prison sentence. We already have laws dealing with criminal use or procurement of firearms by mentally ill killers. Those laws were ignored for many months and after a multitude of warning signs in Parkland. So we are being told that we need still more laws that will only infringe upon he rights of those who would never do such acts.

Is it OK to be both defensive and suspicious of that?

I don't think it is mere coincidence that this thread started degenerating after Lefty Stevie SKB entered the fray. He and a number of other closet anti-NRA types have done all they can to disrupt 2nd Amendment type threads many times in the past. I keep wondering why we haven't yet heard the usual whining and bitching from SKB's pal Last Dollar. I personally feel that the best way to deal with Stevie's trolling is not calling him a "small minded twat" and a "lil prick" as he did when he said this:

Originally Posted By: SKB
No Dave you only crawl out of your hole to prove you are a lil prick. So everything is a fail. That is your answer. Go back Brietbart you nutter.

3.6% fail in CO Dave you small minded twat.

https://www.denverpost.com/2013/01/31/fe...ightest-in-u-s/

Gee, I wonder why things went downhill from there? I think the best way of dealing with SKB aka Lefty Stevie is by illuminating his hypocrisy, his twisting, his disdain for the Conservatives he pretends to support, and his long standing anti-NRA bent. I recognize that he and his kind do what they do in the hopes of causing enough disruption that the thread finally gets locked. I'll admit, it took me awhile to recognize that's what they were doing. They have a lot of people fooled around here, and they hate it when you uncover their dishonesty. It takes huge restraint to not respond in kind to their crap.

We need to have this discussion. Our Constitutional Rights are once again under attack. Putting our heads in the sand will only bring us to a day when discussing the technical aspects of old guns is all we are permitted to do... if that isn't banned as well.

So what are your solutions or ideas? Do you agree with me that while this is a serious problem that needs to be addressed, there are many other things that demand attention that would save far more lives than banning semi-auto AR-15's?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.