I didn't say that the ATF has a searchable database Stevie. I hope all of those Bound Ledger Books are molding away in semi-trailers as you suggest. And I want to make sure it stays that way. So why would they bother to eventually put those Bound Book records which contain name, address, and details about the gun that was purchased on microfiche if it would not be searchable and of no use to them? And how do you know for certain that there is no program to digitize them going on? Do you work there? Haven't we all heard that the NSA records every phone call made in this country? That's a whole lot more data than the number of guns that have been sold since the GCA of 1968. By the way, one gun shop in Alaska refused to hand over his Bound Books to be copied, but others complied with the illegal demand.

Interesting to hear that your own books had pictures taken of them. And very disturbing if it was pictures of anything but the front covers.

I support the present system and feel it is much better than the old system of waiting periods. But I also recognize that it has serious flaws that are permitting felons and mentally ill people to get firearms. And I have many times complained about the fact that tens of thousands of buyers who failed the NICS checks walk out without any repercussions, and then go on to either steal a gun or get a straw buyer to purchase it for them.

Because of that, I understand that Universal Background Checks are only a road to a National Gun Registry, and it will still permit criminals to get guns just as they do now when they cannot pass a NICS check. It will also impose needless costs upon law abiding gun owners when they give or otherwise transfer guns to their kids or grand-kids. Have we heard about even one of these mass shooters who got their guns from private sources other than Adam Lanza who killed his own mother to steal her guns?

And I think we all know how all of those hard nosed Conservatives in government jobs were jumping up to report the IRS targeting of Conservatives under Obama or the FBI spying on a Republican Presidential candidate (also under Obama)when they should have been gathering up and arresting Nikolas Cruz and tens of thousands of people who illegally attempted to buy a firearm. Those failures only lead us to more shootings and more cries for restrictions on the rights of law abiding citizens.

Considering how upset you get if anyone here says anything negative about Liberal Left Democrats, and how frequently you have jumped up to attack pro-gun Republicans, I think if you really saw a picture of Bill Clinton with a target superimposed upon his face in the Cheyenne U.S. Marshall's Office, you would have reported them to the Secret Service. I can't prove that. But it is my opinion based entirely on what you post here.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.