Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe

I agree with Frank's comment at the video's end. This "fanning" or "reaping" will operate on Darwinian principles to reduce the number of not only turkeys in the woods, but also turkey hunters who do this sort of thing. This is why it's a good idea to sit with one's back to a tree, wide enough so no one can shoot you in the back and so that you have a clear view of some nimrod coming in to shoot whatever is calling and to clearly give you a chance to holler you are there. I put "fanning" in the same category as someone in buckskin slipping through the woods during rifle deer season--and that has been reported as seen. I've seen videos of _______ (fill in the blank with appropriate name, card carrying) crawling through the grass with a strutter decoy strapped to his back towards a live gobbler. The folks that do this defend themselves as to its obvious danger by the lame excuse :"I am on private property and I know who is on it" Apparently they have never heard of poachers who will not only trespass, but who will also shoot turkeys with centerfire rifles where forbidden by state law. Gil