Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: GLS
John, for wet work, I have a pair of LeChameau Chasseurs covered with Turtleskin Gaiters. I can't put on a slip on rubber boot because of high insteps and that's why I got the LeChameau with its baffled zipper. I have side-stepped cottonmouths and copperheads turkey hunting and one place we hunted was loaded with Eastern Diamondbacks. One area I hunt regularly I ran across a coiled-up canebrake while looking for Chanterelles this summer. It was within a rock throw from where I've killed birds. What you have never seen, has seen you for sure. Gil

bOy you iz snake sensitive....

Wouldn't pay to go hunting with me I'd have you looking for a new skin...

The way I figure if'n you got a clear conscience there's no need to worry about snakes.

Well, you might think differently about snakes if you knew two men that I know who were bitten during the winter in my neck of the woods. One almost lost his leg. He was bitten leaving his deer stand. He just got lazy and didn't wear his snakeboots that afternoon. I've hunted with 4 men who have had bird dogs killed by snakes during the winter here while hunting and others who had dogs survive the bites but with consequences. Another man lost two Brittanys to gators. This is a reptile friendly area. Gil