So then small Stevie, it appears that you are telling us that your earlier assertions that the only information the ATF has on a gun purchase is whether it was a handgun or long gun is wrong.

Originally Posted By: SKB
By Federal law any Government body associated with your back ground check is prohibited from entering the information into a searchable database. When you buy a gun they have no idea what you except if it is a long gun or a handgun. Not the make, model, serial# or caliber. Those records stay with the FFL holder for 20 years or until he closes shop.

If, as you say, there is nothing preventing them from photographing your books, then compiling a registry would be pretty simple. We already have the technology to scan handwriting and convert it into searchable digital records. Why would they even want photographs of your books if you weren't doing anything illegal... and I assume you weren't? Apparently, data and ownership of even pre-1968 guns owned by your customers has been removed from your shop in the form of photographs.

So much for the notion that the government could never know who owned the guns sold prior to 1968. I didn't break any big stories... but I think you did.

What exactly is the difference, in your little mind, between removing those Bound Ledger Books from a gun shop to photocopy them, and photographing them inside the shop while the owner stands by and permits it without question or protest? Walter Earl had the courage to stand up and challenge them in Alaska. Did they shut him down for it? And did you bother to call the NRA to see if their legal team thinks any of this is kosher?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.