Originally Posted By: BrentD
I have to agree that there are some substantial differences, though I though the "petals" (in the checkering?) look fairly unusual, but similar. The nose of the comb looks the most different to me however.

I wonder however, wouldn't most stockers have several styles of cheekpieces and grips and so forth to offer? Many quality factory rifles could be had with different options that may or or may not include things like shadow lines for instance, depending on customer preference.

Also, just for my education is that Milhoen wearing a rather large opening bid price tag? I would think it might sell for half of what he is asking to open. Maybe I'm just ignorant (thus the question).

I would think that's indeed possible. But when I look at certain maker's examples it seems they didn't stray much from a certain pattern they are known for. My guess is that if you went to a stock maker known for a certain style and he gave you something different, you wouldn't be too happy back then. Even today people seek out gunsmiths known for a certain style, and wont be happy if they don't get it.