I have no dog is this fight. None of this secrete database/registration/disarmament stuff affects me, as most of my guns sunk in an unfortunate fishing accident.

I shall now make the post that pisses off everyone.

First, keith, you've got a serious cognitive bias in the form of negative transference. You have feelings that seem to be about one person, when theyre really about someone else. You think SKB, King Brown, or whomever is anit-gun. Really it is other people who are anti-gun and you transfer those feelings onto people on this board. Its not so different from the progressive who blames the NRA for a school shooting. Seek help.

Second, I dont think there is a solution because people will not talk about the fact that public high schools are shitty places and many teachers are stupid assholes. Architecturally a modern school is nearly indistinguishable from a minimum security prison, which makes sense because they are essentially day jails.

Worse yet, in the old days school was a small part of a young persons life. They went to school for 6 hours and came home to their real lives. Over time schooling evolved into the totality of a young persons life. What could be more depressing than that? If for whatever reason youre any type of social outcast or loner, it is a life of constant torture in an unpleasant environment. With smart phones and social media there is no disconnecting. Kids are stuck in school when they arent even physically on campus. No wonder they need antidepressants. I would too. Its a testament to human decency that there arent more school shootings.

Finally, the folks who say, No one needs an assault rifle have a lot more faith in humanity than I do.