Thanks Alan...that's where the Riggs catalog excepts above came from - and I'm not sure it's 1924 - I think it's several years earlier. I would really hope that someday, some of the UK guys, could wander over to London University and take a look at that Reilly catalog in the archives.

And by the way I may have the name of the agent in Australia who imported Reilly's. I'll look it up. Do any of the agent's catalogs exist in the museums there?

Hammers Back – Issue No. 14 March 2004
"More luck came my way when I was given the advertisement on page 86/87 in 1866 edition of Walch’s Almanac. Now Walch is a Hobart (Tasmania) firm who have a long history associated with the printing and stationery trade. At that time they were the appointed Tasmanian Agents for E.M. Reilly & Co, 502 New Oxford Street, London, and begged to announce that the Reilly was built “on systems not liable to derangement”. The advertisement shows pair of under-lever pin- fire guns built on the Jones under-lever system in bore sizes 12, 15 17, and 24. Prices ranged from 12 to 35 guineas. "

Last edited by Argo44; 05/15/18 02:53 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch