Originally Posted By: Franchi
Hi Chukarman:

Your gun is my dream come true! Congrats upon having great taste.

I would like to know how much money does it take to produce a gun like yours. I am not getting personal, but would like to place a price on how much good work costs. Many people are ignorant of the cost of building a beautiful gun. I have done it in the past and have an idea of what it costs. Top notch work is not inexpensive! If I appear too bold, kindly send me a PN or ignore my post.

All of the best,

Franchi

Franchi -- Then you know that good work is not cheap or fast.

The men who did the restoration did first class work. Pete Mazur did the gunsmithing (cleaning, polishing internals and re-joining) and metal finishing. Sam Welch filled a couple of pits and re-cut the engraving (per original), Steve Heilmann provided the Turkish blank, and my old friend Gary Goudy made the stock. I am thrilled with the result. I would guess it would cost north of $10K today. Well worth it, I think.

PS: I discussed this gun with Ken Georgi and I think we agreed it was either a grade 165 or 185. I forget which. When Gary Goudy (who sees a LOT of best guns) was working on it, he called me to remark on the very high quality of the gun - the fit and interior finish is really remarkable. With 28" barrels and 2-3/4" chambers it is a terrific dove gun.

Last edited by Chukarman; 03/25/18 10:23 PM.

C Man
Life is short
Quit your job.
Turn off the TV.
Go outside and play.