Geo, the "string they come in on", one end is usually tied to the "key to success" which you hold. I will pm where I get mine. If everyone had one of those strings they'd be spider webbing the woods....

The oral history of the location where I shot the bird is that during the Civil War, locals hid their cattle and valuables in the swamp to protect them form plunder by Hazen's Division of Sherman's Right Wing as the marched through Georgia to the sea. The open swamp is surrounded by titi (pronounced "tie-tie") shrubs ("hells") which can grow 20' feet tall, often laced with cat claw briers and are almost impenetrable to move through. I know a few ways into it, but they still present challenges. I've hacked paths through it, but vegetation takes over quickly between seasons. I almost went into one of those areas yesterday, looked at the entry point and drove on. Even on a good day they can be challenging. I had flashbacks of getting cut up, losing calls, Thermocells, a compass, etc. moving through that crap. One time my feet didn't touch the ground for 10 yards as I moved from branch to branch moving towards a bird on the other side. All I had to show for that adventure was a lost box call.
Glad I took the path of least resistance yesterday and showed up where I ultimately went. 99% of my success was just showing up where I did. Makes up for some of the birds that put me through the wringer without success. Gil