In times past I had antique guns shipped directly from the UK to me by mail multiple times. Cost about $55.00 to do it. They no longer ship that way at any price I am told. I had limited paperwork on them but very little was required. You had to be able to document that they were pre- 1898 built.

I bought four guns which had been imported from The UK without any paperwork at all. Just came over in a container labeled as used household goods and antiques. Luck would have it that they all were pre 1898 so no real crime was committed. They had paid a import duty on the declared value for antiques which the guns were. Would not like to try that in today’s anti gun climate. But I just bought them from the antique dealer who opened the container and found them and then panicked. His agent bought an entire country house estate and packed all the decent stuff and shipped it to the US. The guns were part of the decent stuff.

My only mistake was selling the two double rifles quickly for what I felt was a nice profit. Last time I saw the Boswell the asking price for as 20K more than what I sold it for. Never saw the other gun on the web but I know it sold at least once since then as the buyer I sold it to has long since passed.