I have posted the 4 gobblers I've gotten this spring, so I guess I should post this too. I had a chance to fill my season limit in AL this morning on a nice bird, and missed. I have a lot of excuses, but no turkey. frown

He was 25 yds away soon after flying down, but I couldn't shoot him because a hen was in the way. I wasn't concerned; I thought I would have another chance, and I had several, but something always blocked my view. After about 20 minutes of that, he was about to go over a hill and be gone, but I had clear view of his head and neck and shot just before he disappeared. He flew away and sailed over the tops of the trees.

I don't think I hit him, but it is still a sick feeling to watch one fly away. I hunt several states each spring and always strive for a perfect season. That doesn't mean filling every tag, it means getting every turkey I shoot at with one clean shot. So this season will be flawed no matter what else happens.

At least I get to keep hunting. I also have lots of cliches, but still no turkey. smile

Good hunting and shooting to all.