Well, dont fret too much, I received my old gold #35 from the German gunSmith, (see my other thread) all three barrels fired, my reduced handload of the rifle (.25-25 Stevens) had high pressure signs, now my left shotgun barrel does not fire at all, no click, nothing, the rifle firing pin does come out but fails to fire the primer, its not the firing pin spring, the old girl is a little finicky, It could be a weak spring to the rifle hammer, but dont give up,shes easy to get into, and my German gunSmith (Tobi Nisse) is an expert now on Hollenbeck drillings, he will be visiting the USA again in July. The spring is easy to find, The wheeler screwdriver set I got from Midway has the special little tip that unscrews the firing pin screw. The width of my spring is 0.44 inches the height of mine is 0.84 inches but may be slightly short because it looks like a small piece broke off. Apparently you just Obtain a long spring of the proper width and cut it to size you want. I Have not found a source for Springs yet, because my second Hollenbeck number 236 (I got it from cherries Fine Guns) is missing the spring to the rifle firing pin, believe it or not. I actually got that second Hollenbeck in case I need to rob parts from it ,which I hope never to do. if you enter your Hollenbeck, take off the trigger guard first, then take the screws beginning towards the bottom of the stock and work toward the barrel, separate the action from the stock about an eighth of an inch, then slide out the trigger assembly, its really very easy. Interestingly the safety and the mechanics and other factors of the action are quite different from number 35 to number 236, no telling what changes were made by the time yours was built, nevertheless dont give up, there have to be a lot of us in the same boat, we can figure this out, Worst case,ship it to Mobile,AL and Tobi can fix it,since hes become the Hollenbeck gunsmith expert!! Also you might consider emailing Tobi directly,send him pictures and make your problem his problem, I do that regularly info@tobi-greener.de. Good luck!