I'm looking at a Charles Daly Lindner Diamond Quality (similar to model 275 but not sure they were called that in 1893) 10 gauge.

It was once a beautiful gun. However there are some key problems that won't be easily addressed. I am in discussions with the owner (not a shotgun guy but very familiar with vintage firearms) and both of us are having a hard time coming up with a sensible number given the current condition. The fact it's a 10 gauge is also complicating things.

Please note, I am not asking whether this is a restoration project that is worth undertaking. I'm simply trying to figure out a fair market price for a gun of this kind of original quality in this kind of current condition. Photos below.

The gun was made in 1893 and sported "Finest Quality Damascus Barrels". No idea what length or chokes because they have been cut to 22". This was done quite a while ago and the new muzzles have been somewhat damaged in the meantime. Not bothering with photos as you can all imagine that crime scene. The gun currently weighs 7 pounds 8 ounces, so my guess with complete barrels is that it would have been close to 8 pounds even.

There is a large chip (missing) from the left cheek. Clearly it had been repaired once before but is now long gone. A little damage to the chequering on the cheeks. Rest of the wood is restorable. Original butt plate is on the gun.

Action is tight and on face. Second trigger is not working. Gun hasn't been apart in years and neither the owner nor I are making a guess as to why not. Ejectors seem fine. Few gouges in the metal work. Engraving is still sharp. Here are some pics. I have more if there is something specific you want to look at. Although none of the cut end of the barrels. Just the markings and top rib.

Easy to think about price if the barrels were whole. There was an interesting thread on the 16 gauge forum about how barrels cut to 24" would affect the value of a M21. your thoughts about pricing would be valued.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia