I'd be a lot more concerned about the second trigger not working if there was evidence that Bubba was in there. But the screwheads all look pretty good. You already know that the barrels are the heart of the gun, and whether sleeved or saved with orphan barrels, the work will result in a gun with much lower value than one with good original tubes. But I think it's a gun worth fixing if you can.

You may remember Terry Buffum's "Clunker Optimus" Lefever restoration project that saved a work of art, but was still not a shooter after several thousand dollars of work, plus the initial expense. This isn't as rare as a Lefever Optimus, but it certainly transcends into the realm of gun artistry. And CJO is certainly a guy who could make this Lindner Daly pretty again. Let's put this in perspective. If you could nail it for $500.00 or so, you wouldn't be one-millionth as crazy as gun guys who vote for anti-gun Democrats. Or you could be like Jagermeister and save all of your money for an extra nice casket with solid brass handles.

There are lots of other guys who like the challenge of a restoration project even knowing they will end up under water. So if you can buy it right, you can always re-sell it and get your money back if finding the right barrels and parts proves too difficult. I can't wait to see it when it's done.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.