The only American-made double I've ever owned, was an early Stevens 311 in 16. I shaved off the pistol grip, made it into an English style stock and finished/hunted it for a couple of years. That was my first double and I took some grouse and pheasants with it. My tastes fell more to the continental made guns since then and that is where my collection of hunting guns lies. However, I've been feeling lately that I "need" a Sterlingworth in 16 gauge to hunt in the uplands. Seems logical right? Now, I'm not looking for a high grade gun, just something light and svelte to carry for grouse and enjoy the nostalgia. I'm not worried about existing case coloring or fancy wood, but just no pitting.

Given those conditions, what would be a reasonable price point for that gun in todays market? I should add that I'm not impartial to the Philly guns over the Utica/Savage guns. Any quirks on these guns or do they tend to loosen up more quickly than say an over-built German double? Any insight, guidance or discussion is welcome!