PALUNC,

All the .410's mentioned so far are nice guns, I have one more modern .410 to add to the list. The L.C. Smith made by Zabala for Marlin a few years back, is a real nice SxS double gun, for gunning Doves and Woodcock.

The original L.C. Smith .410 is still available also, however way out of your quoted price range. If you would like a very high quality .410, Ken Graft at the Shooting Star Gun Shop had an upgraded L.C. Smith .410 with deep relief gold Engraving for around $14,000, that he offered to me, he may still it.

I own the modern L.C. Smith 28 Gauge almost identical to the Zabala made .410, and like it a bunch. The L.C. Smith .410 has nice Walnut Wood, a Purdey type lock up Breech Work, Flur De Lee checkering, SST, nice modern Spanish Engraving and Chrome lined Barrels, and comes with 4 flush type screw in chokes.

The draw back is no Brown Rotary Bolt and this L.C. Smith .410 is only available with 26" Barrels.

Look around and you can pick one up a modern L.C. Smith double gun, for about $1,800 - $2,200, right in your price range.

Ryman Gun Dog
L.C. Smith Man

My L.C. Smith 28 Gauge, almost identical to the L.C. Smith .410.

Last edited by Ryman Gun Dog; 07/19/18 11:58 AM.