Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Patterns get shaky with 4s in the guns I use, after about 30 yards.

A pity, as I have about 5000 1 1/4 oz #4 lead loads hanging around the homestead, left overs my Dad never used after steel became the law.

I shot a fox one time, figure it was out 30-35 yards, with 1 1/4 of 4s, the thing laid down and died before the smoke cleared. It had one hole on each side of the pelt, through both lungs and the heart. Gun was an A5 with a 26” Hastings barrel and an IC choke. Patterned the gun with that load, later, and was surprised I got him with anything.

Best,
Ted

If those 5K ever get seriously in your way, Ted, I'll pay the shipping to get them out of your way. wink

They are "medicina muy mala" for crows.

SRH

Stan,

You get what you play for. I think that quote comes from the pool player, Minnesota Fats.

Tell you what-send me a PM with an address, and I’ll put together a care package for you. It won’t be all of ‘em (they are in the basement, and it might take me weeks to get ‘em all up) but, it will be more than enough for you and an interested kid to enjoy a few afternoons of crow shooting. I think there are a lot of WWs, Federals, and some Actives, maybe some odd stuff, like Sears, loaded by one of the big three. I’ll mix ‘em up a bit. Mostly 1 1/4 oz loads, might need to be a bigger kid, but, I’d really like a kid along, and a picture for the brothern, right here, if you can.

Have a great day.

Best,
Ted