Originally Posted By: canvasback
Originally Posted By: wingshooter16
KYJ-

I too thought that there might be appropriate analogous musings with respect to the fairer sex. The woman I married could be made up to look pretty good, but was absolutely scary and unrecognizable without the application of paints and pigments. I'm not against makeup, but if it is the main course and not an appetizer or side, my taste lies elsewhere.

I would perhaps not agree that ugly women are that way because they are natural: one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen/known rarely uses make up (only seen her with it, sparingly, once), and I could get lost in those tawny eyes for the rest of my life.

Some enhancement of a gunstock is pretty much inevitable if we seek to protect it from the elements and our salty sweat. Oiling, even just waxing, will change the appearance somewhat. We blue/black the barrels, rusting them intentionally to protect them from the rust we abhor. Gifted men like Doug W. could make that protective layer a thing of beauty.

Perhaps, as I age, I find simpler and honest more attractive. I used to love all the goldwork on guns- the more birds and dogs in their gilded splendor the better. Now, a gold filled "1" or "2" on the top rib is plenty.

To each his own.

Mike

Sure.

(Using my phone laugh )

I wrote that for you, James. Sorry fellas, inside joke.

Mike

Tolerance: the abolition of absolutes

Consistency is the currency of credibility