===========================================================================================
1898-1912 - Reilly's labels and the Vienna World's Fair medals

By the way the fourth medal on the post 1898 Reilly label that couldn't be identified:

I'm almost 100% sure it was for the 1873 Vienna World's Fair as speculated above - I've seen enough of them on all sorts of UK wares. This was the medal given for "Innovation."

There's only one problem: I don' t think Reilly was there. I could be wrong but can't find another explanation. That's definitely Franz Joseph on the "Heads" side (Kaiser of Austria; Kaiser of Bohemia - etc; Kaiser of Hungary). So did his kids or managers or whomever, after his death, start playing games with history? Oh well, people get jobs by faking their resumes these days.....nothing's changed.

If anyone has that label, what does a magnifying glass say? Was there another Vienna exposition in the 1880's by chance? Thanks.

Official 1873 Vienna Exposition catalog - list of UK gunmakers exhibiting:

Here is the 1889 Universelle catalog entry for Alex. Henry with the medal (with the "tails" side showing the medal for excellence in manufacture). Henry was at Vienna!

Last edited by Argo44; 12/16/18 11:37 AM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch