Bear with me folks, I know it's a long story...

So, this little project didn't stop me from nosing about at a gun show, and in my never-ending quest for versatility, I see a Krieghoff .22 insert sitting in a gun case. It was part of a Merkel combo set and in 16ga!! The seller let on that it was part of the set, but I could tell it wasn't as the gun didn't have a notch cut in the extractor to show it had been fitted. After some haggling reminiscent of the show "Pawn Stars", and after paying too much...I had it in my hands!!

This is the part where the power of the internet comes in. I was excited about this little find, but totally unaware of how to use it or even install it. the guys on this site were AWESOME! Mike (Der Ami) offered direction and encouragement, and with is advice as well as some info from the Blaserbuds fellas, I actually fitted the darn thing myself (see purchasing einstecklauf thread)

The insert was obviously fitted to another gun at some time and I had to use adhesive aluminum tape to regulate it where the .22 bullet wouldn't hit the inside of the shotgun barrel, but I got it grouping well at 25m

The tape thing didn't sit well with me however as I thought it would eventually lose its ability to be re-inserted without adjustment. This wasn't the only thing I felt needed to be fixed. In shooting some five-stand and skeet with it, I came to realize the LOP was too short for me and the rubber slip-on pad looked like crap. I decided to contact Krieghoff and order two new adjustment lugs, a new rim screw for a spare, and four new adjustment screws because the original ones had been pretty buggered up. They were fantastic to deal with and had the parts shipped to me lickety-split. I also decided to add some wood to the stock...

Last edited by Dilly541; 08/26/18 10:31 AM.